EM-40 Starbond Heavy Thin CA Glue (Medium Thin)
Price: $10.50 & FREE Shipping on all US orders placed before 3PM PST M-F
- PREMIUM CYANOACRYLATE SUPER GLUE - LAB TESTED FOR OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE: High performance industrial grade adhesive infiltrates deep and stabilizes cracks through capillary action.
- EXTRA SUPPLIES:
2 ounce includes: (2) applicator caps, (1) clog-free stopper, and (8) micro-tips for precision.
16 ounce includes: (1) Easy dispensing yorker spout, (3) empty 2 ounce bottles, (4) applicator caps, (1) clog-free stopper, and a bag of micro-tips for precision.
- STRONG "FINISHING" ADHESIVE: Great for wood turning finishes, metal powder inlays, turquoise inlays, mother of pearl inlays, infiltrating and stabilizing, and bonding close-fitted parts. Penetrates the finest micro-fractures, pores, and cracks through capillary action.
- PROPERTIES: Viscosity: 40 cPs (meaning the thickness of the liquid is similar to that of olive oil). Penetrating abilities of up to 0.004" in size. Bonding time: 5-10 seconds.
- LONG LASTING SUPERIOR SHELF LIFE: When well kept, our product can last several years in a cold environment. Just make sure to store the bottle under 40°F before AND after use to QUALIFY FOR OUR 20 month shelf life warranty. If product does not last, we will replace that bottle free of charge.
Starbond EM-40 Heavy Thin CA glue is an ethyl cyanoacrylate "finishing" super glue used in making wooden finishes. As an easier glue to handle than the EM-02, it makes for an excellent substitute that is not as watery. This thin CA is slightly "heavier" in viscosity than your typical thin, but it is thin enough to penetrate most fractures, joints, pores, and metal inlay material. Starbond EM-40 Heavy Thin CA glue has become popular for high gloss wood finish applications. By applying several coats, sanding, and then polishing, the heavy thin CA creates a waterproof seal.
The use of Starbond Accelerator is advised when saturation of a porous object is unwanted. The instant cure will prevent Starbond EM-40 Heavy Thin CA glue from excessively soaking into the porous object, and prevent waste.
- Repairing and filling cracks, inclusions, voids, and knots in the wood
- High gloss finishes for a hard, clear, and waterproof coat
- Pen making
- Wicking into and stabilizing guitar
- Installing bindings and purflings on a guitar
- Gluing and repairing guitar inlays on the headstock, body, and fretboard
- Bonding balsa wood for model airplanes
- Metal and turquoise inlays
- Jewelry manufacturing and repair
- Furniture refinishing and antique repair
- Ceramic repair
- Marble, Granite and Quartz repair
- Bonding fiberglass to a variety of material
- For fishing, bonding dumbbell eyes, larger streamers and big foam flies
- Rocks & Minerals
- Carbon Fiber
- PVC and Most Plastics
Available in 2 ounce, 16 ounce, and 44 lb. (20kg)