2 oz. Starbond Black Med-Thick CA + 8 oz. Pump Accelerator Bundle
Free Shipping on Orders Above $50 (US Only)
KBL-500 Starbond Black Medium-Thick CA Glue (Medium Thick)
- PREMIUM CYANOACRYLATE SUPER GLUE - LAB TESTED FOR OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE: High performance industrial grade adhesive. Black Medium-Thick CA is used to bond parts, with focus on impact and shock absorbance qualities.
- EXTRA SUPPLIES:
2 ounce includes: (2) applicator caps, (1) clog-free stopper, and a bag of micro-tips for precision.
- STRONG "BONDING AND FILLING" ADHESIVE: ideal for spalted wood and burl, hiding imperfections, filling dark voids, and accenting specific areas in your projects.
- PROPERTIES: Viscosity: 500 cPs (meaning the thickness of the liquid is similar to that of syrup). Penetrating abilities of up to 0.008" in size. Bonding time: 40-60 seconds.
- SUPERIOR SHELF LIFE: When well kept, our product can last several years in a cold environment. Just make sure to store the bottle under 40°F before AND after use to QUALIFY FOR OUR 20 month shelf life warranty. If product does not last, we will replace that bottle free of charge.
Starbond Pump Accelerator
- SUPER GLUE ACCELERATOR - SPEED UP THE BONDING TIME: No more waiting! Cures CA glue in seconds.
- NO MORE WHITENING: When superglues dry too fast, you'll end up with whitening or "hazing" of the bonding surface. Our specially formulated CA accelerator is made to dry slightly slower than other accelerators on the market to prevent this effect.
Frequently Bought Together
Product Description - 2oz. Starbond Black Med-Thick CA + 8oz. Pump Accelerator Bundle
Starbond KBL-500 Black Medium-Thick CA glue is a flexible, rubber-toughened super glue that dries jet black in color. The KBL-500 is ideal for hiding imperfections, filling dark voids, and accenting specific areas in your projects. Along with impact and shock absorbing properties, the black CA retains favorable qualities such as the ability to be sanded down and polished to a high gloss finish. Additionally, when infiltrating fractures, pores, and soft material, the adhesive is able to expand and contract with its surrounding malleable environment, preventing cracking. Starbond KBL-500 Black Medium-Thick CA glue is commonly used in reconing speakers, hobby RC car tires, woodturning inlays, burl, and spalted wood. heavy duty bonding, and filling voids.
It is important to keep in mind that the colored CA glues have an extended bonding time due to the added rubber compound. Although bonding time is generally 40-60 seconds, it can take much longer to dry when larger volumes of the colored adhesive are applied. For these instances, use of Starbond Accelerator is highly recommended.
WARNING This product can expose you to chemicals including Carbon Black and Methyl isobutyl ketone, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Accenting designs on spalted wood
- Bonding dissimilar materials such as wood, metal, glass and rubber
- Creating a black accent on projects
- Gluing R/C Car tires
- Threadlocking in R/C cars
- In speaker manufacturing, bonding top plate to frame, spider to voice coil, spider assembly to frame, spider to cone assembly, dustcap to cone, gasket to surround, surround to frame or cone, cone to coil connections, dressing lead wires to cone, and select dustcap applications.
- Repairing and filling cracks, inclusions, voids, and knots in wood
- Rocks & Minerals
- Carbon Fiber
- Most Plastics
Starbond Super Glue Accelerator, also known as CA glue "activator," is used to significantly increase the drying time of cyanoacrylate super glues. The CA glue accelerant is a solvent based product that can be applied before and/or after CA glue application. Starbond Super Glue Accelerator is commonly paired with thicker viscosity CA glues and black CA glue, as these adhesives take longer to dry. In addition, Starbond Super Glue Accelerator is useful when priming uneven surfaces or material combinations that are harder to bond, and in colder, drier environments where curing time may be delayed. Starbond Super Glue Accelerator comes in pump sprayer and aerosol form.
WARNING This product can expose you to chemicals including N,N-Dimethyl-p-Toluidine, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Used to cure the CA that flows from joints that are being pressed together, greatly enhancing the joints strength
- When using higher volumes of CA during gap filling applications, bonding time may take much longer, so Accelerator is highly recommended